Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Danger- Be Careful With Choke Collars

Choke chains are used as a training tool to teach dogs not to pull on the leash. But they can be very dangerous especially if they are left on a dog unattended. Sadly dogs can die from choke collars as they can get caught on fencing, inside a car or anything that is sticking out. A dog's natural instinct is to jerk away when they are caught and it’s just too easy for the chain to get tangled up. Some dogs can even pass out from the constriction on their air flow. Big strong dogs can be a huge challenge to train but please consider a no-pull training harness instead. If you do use a choke collar, never leave it on a dog unattended.