Monday, October 30, 2017

Keep Pets Away From Xylitol and Candy During Halloween!

Keep candy (chocolate is toxic) away from your pets.  At Halloween, it is natural to have lots of candy and gum in a lot of different parts of the house especially if you have children. Candy and gum can be toxic to pets and with all the Halloween activity, it is easy to miss that your pet has gotten into something.   Gum and diet candies can be also be toxic if they contain Xylitol. Xylitol can have fast, fatal consequences because it can cause a precipitous drop in blood sugar (acute hypoglycemia) and/or liver failure. It is easy to leave a pack of gum sitting out on the counter or on the car seat. Double-check before bedtime to make sure that the candy and gum has been stored in a secure cabinet in all rooms!
Post a Comment